Saturday, June 15, 2013

Barn Weddings - Doors Wide Open

 
I noticed there are a few barns in your area, sooo... here's a few ideas if you can actually take advantage of these settings. First, how romantic would it be to drape yards of fabric at the barn door.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Or here's a more tidy look.
 
 
 
 
  
 
And draping fabric in the rafters is also an option. Having access to a jenny makes it fast and easy. R&R also has electrified chandeliers that could be hung.
 
 
 
 
 

Here's the ceiling treatment with a chandelier. Forgive my poor photo editing but I think you can get a better idea.
 
 
 
 
  
 
Or you can do chandeliers just by themselves. Adds a whole other dimension, don't you think? It's amazing how much the ambiance shifts with these small changes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Or we can go a whole other route and do something like this dramatic swag of string lights. I like the way they combined them here at one end. Makes a much bigger statement.
 
 
 
 
 

Even with out all the previous decor, a barn could still look nice with just a few simple touches. The table linens and centerpieces being the main focal points.
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  
 And then there's the cake. Yes this is a cake and delicious to boot I bet!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And one last thing I found that I thought was different.
I just like the statement, not the florals so much. I'm thinking Bird Cages
where the florals are  instead, or hay bails. Could make a nice photo op.

12 comments:

  1. This is dreamy! It looks so beautiful. Are there venues in Chicago like this? Because I am getting married this year and a barn wedding would just be perfect. I am so happy that I came across this post because I knew what kind of a wedding I wanted but I was not able to describe it properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings, I'm a retired event planner with R&R Events based in Baltimore, MD. I'm not familiar with the Chicago area but a quick Google search brought up some options for barn venues. (See link below)

      We did my niece's wedding and most all of it was DIY. If you'd like a link to the actual wedding photos let me know. And I'm always willing to send free advice on the DIY projects.
      Best wishes on your upcoming wedding. Laney

      https://www.google.com/search?q=chicago+wedding+barn+rentals&oq=chicago+wedding+barn+rentals&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.22390j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

      Delete